Attempting the 7 Quick Takes for the first time.
1. Fun weekend plans: Mr. M's birthday is coming up, and he requested an art tour at a local museum for his birthday outing. Actually two tours (both free): one on French painting of the 17th & 18th centuries, and one on Italian renassaince (sp?) painting. We both like art but are rather uneducated, so it should be fun!
2. Also, it's supposed to be almost 70 degrees tomorrow! (!!!!) This makes me wish that I had planted a winter garden, although I'm sure that if I did, we'd immediately get a cold snap, i.e. real winter.
3. Also about the weather: my strong prefence is to have winter weather in winter. I love being cozy inside, watching the snow fall, wearing comfy sweaters, etc.
4. I'm eating sweet potato fries for lunch. Cold sweet potato fries, because our floor's microwave was being hogged by someone warming up what seemed like an entire lasagna, and I was too lazy to go to another floor.
5. I'm really proud of me and Mr. M for going to the gym at least once a week, usually two. Our goal is three times a week, so we're working up to it. It feels great to move! And I'm really hoping getting in shape will help our fertility. We're not horribly out of shape but we could stand to lose some weight and trim up. Plus it's just relaxing to run for a while, sweat, do some weights, and have time to think.
6. Speaking of fertility, scheduling an SA for Mr. M has been a real headache. The 1st place, where we had a prescription to, told us very snottily that they don't take our insurance and the test would be $200 (plus a hotel room since it wasn't near us). Also they're a huge IVF place, which made me uncomfortable. The 2nd place, right down the road from us, said that they take our insurance and that you don't need an appointment, but when we called the day we wanted to test, they said that they only do SA's for post-vascectomy patients. Wierd? The 3rd place, which takes our insurance and does SA's for anyone, is not near us, so we're back to getting a hotel room. Sigh. So complicated. And we're kind of stuck on this step before doing any more testing on me. It makes sense to find out what (if anything) is going on with Mr. M, but it's just such a headache.
7. And I'm out of things to say =)