Thursday, February 13, 2014

Little Happies {snow day}

I absolutely LOVE Stephanie's "little happies" list so I thought I would make my own =)

{one}

Actually, today featured a BIG happy - a snow day!

!!!!!!!!!!

It's hard to express how much I love snow days...a day off work, with no commute, no plans (since I would have been at work), beautiful snowy landscape outside, warm comfy clothes inside...I could go on. Snow days could be #1-100 of my little happies!

Today was especially magical because it barely started snowing last night, but when we woke up this morning everything was white.

our front door, with the sign still up from Mr. M's hobbit party
patio covered in snow - note the ruler

9 inches of snow! That's a lot for here in the "south" (DC/suburban MD)
Little playhouse in the yard - just thought it looked cute in the snow!
Did I mention how much I love snow days....?

Because I get to indulge my inner homemaker (stifled by having to work full time) and do things like:

{two}

Make slow-cooker chili. YUM! One of our favorite meals.


Recipe, in case you'd like to try it:

sorry it's sideways! and I never add the mushrooms FYI
{three}

On snow days I wear my slippers ALL day, except when I'm out playing in the snow, of course

Xmas gift from Mr. M, plus matching socks, haha
{four}

And on snow days, we have our usual Sunday tradition of a mid-afternoon espresso, served in espresso cups we bought on our honeymoon in Rome.

with its little spoon!
{five}

Last happy: homemade bread!

love all those holes!
To be fair, I made this bread yesterday. We ate a few slices right out of the oven...unbelievable. I've been wanting to make bread for a while - this recipe is easy (no knead). You bake it in a dutch oven - that's key for getting enough steam to make it moist with a crispy crust. Yum yum yum.

Thanks for inspiring me, Stephanie!

+EcceFiat+

7 comments:

  1. ME TOO! I love love love snow days :-) I'm usually so much more productive on a snow day than on a planned day off, too. Today was snow day #6 for us this year. (And even though we have to make them all up, which really really stinks... I'm always still happy when I find out its a snow day!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yayyyy!! This is so wonderful. So many great little happies here. Snow days make lots of little happies happen! LOVE the slippers and the beautiful espresso cups and the deliciousss looking chili and that breaddd! (You're making me drool now!) Thanks for joining in. :) I'm so glad you like the idea!! I'm thinking I'll do a new one once a month. Feel free to join in whenever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful list! Sounds like such a fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds amazing. Those espresso cups are sooooo cute. What a great tradition.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the espresso cups! You made the bread in a Dutch oven?! I need that recipe, I hate the kneading part of making bread which is why I never make it. I wonder if I can make that bread gluten free. Thanks for sharing your little happies :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. YUM! Your espresso and homemade bread have me feeling all warm and smelling imaginary smells right now. Little happies, for sure!!!

    ReplyDelete