1. I've been reading an amazing book called "Burst." It's about a lot of things, but one topic is the author's struggle with infertility. It's written by a guy, so that's neat. He and his wife fought about whether to do IVF or not (she wanted to; he didn't) and some pretty miraculous events changed her mind and led them to adoption. The book's a great read.
2. Fun plans this weekend: on Sunday is our 4th annual Valentine's dinner, a tradition with us and a few couple friends. The husbands cook the meal and the wives relax and then enjoy the meal =) The guys always do such an amazing job! They really go over the top - it's a labor of love. This year it will be us and 2 other couples. Par for the course, I'm the only non-mother. But they're getting baby-sitters, so it should be a fun triple date.
3. I'm very proud of myself for going to a baby shower for a coworker today. Granted, I only stayed about 10 minutes, but it was held during work hours, after all, and I don't know the coworker well. I thought of skipping out but then thought that I'd appreciate having people come to my shower if/when that blessed day occurs!
4. Something I'm excited about: getting ready for this year's garden! We have a 15x15 foot plot in a community garden in our town. It's always so fun to choose seeds out of the catalog. We're ordering ones like: Principe Borghese cherry tomato; Atomic Red carrot; Climbing French green bean; and so on. I loved gardening last summer: it took my mind off of things, gave me something to nurture, saved us money, and was delicious! (It was a lot of work, though...)
5. The SA didn't happen after all. I'm not going to go into details. I realized after the fact that sharing about this particular infertility topic is too personal for us as a couple - even on an anonymous blog. So that's that.
6. I'm out of things to say.
7. Have a great weekend!