1. (Tops by far) I'm a godmother!!! I'm so, so excited by this. Friends of ours called last night and asked us whether we'd be godparents for their daughter, who is due in November. Um, YES!!!! I'm so touched they thought of us, and told them that I hope they don't regret asking an infertile gal because I'm totally going to spoil their daughter!!
2. Speaking of, let me know if you have any good ideas for baptism gifts for a godchild! I bought her a rosary today, topaz since her due date is November, and I'm going to pray some rosaries for her before her baptism. So that will be part of the present. And I want to sew something - maybe a blanket or a...hmm, actually I have no idea what to sew for a baby!
3. Switching gears...I'm trying tamoxifen for the first time this month. Three pills down, two to go. So far it's okay. I do feel a little...funny. I'm probably over-analyzing every little twinge, but my cramps felt a little worse (you take tamoxifen days 3-7) and I felt a little hyper and emotional...but to be honest, it's not like that's anything drastically different! We'll see if it helps. I'm not feeling very optimistic, but Mr. M was really onboard so I figured I'd try it.
4. I'm also doing the B6 protocol this cycle to try and increase my cervical mucus. It's 500 mg which seems like a lot! I feel like a little old lady taking all my pills in the morning (multi-vitamin, flax oil, fish oil, tamoxifen, five B6 tablets)
5. We've been talking more about adoption lately. I guess reaching the 2 year mark of TTC was a little sobering. We might go to an informational meeting at a local agency, just to put our foot in the water. I feel excited about that, mostly. Not that it doesn't seem basically impossible to ever get enough money to adopt...but I think it will be good just to do something, learn some more about what is involved. (If any of you adoptive moms or those trying to adopt have suggestions for good books, please let me know.)
6. Weekend plans: date night Friday! We're going to see "despicable me 2" because we both want a good laugh =) and then we're having a friend over for Peruvian chicken on Saturday. And there's actually some free time this weekend, so I want to get to the library, maybe can some salsa, clean the bathroom...exciting plans =)
7. Have a great weekend everyone!