Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Time for that CD1 song

"Love will hold us together" - "This is the first day of the rest of your life..."

Today is actually CD2. Yesterday we were visiting my parents and travelling, so no time to post.


I kind of knew this cycle was a bust before it began. We had a guest staying during the peak time of my cycle, sleeping on the couch right outside our bedroom. That’s probably enough explanation!


Today is also our 2nd anniversary. I feel surprisingly peaceful, considering the disappointment of feeling cramps on our anniversary when I’d rather feel elation at telling my husband, “Happy anniversary…you’re a dad!” Maybe next year?


To celebrate, we’re making a nice steak dinner tonight, and opening a bottle of wine. I told him last night, “If I can’t have a baby on my anniversary, you better believe I’m having wine!!” We're going to watch our wedding DVD. I'll probably cry, as I always do.


I guess the 2nd anniversary traditional gift is cotton, or so my mom says. She was so generous and bought us fabric to make matching pillows for our living room couches. (She’s sewing them too!) 


Thinking about CD1 yesterday, the thought came into my mind: “I guess Jesus isn’t done teaching us what we need to learn in this valley of tears.” That was comforting.


Today I am determined to celebrate our anniversary and not lament our childlessness! Child or not, I still love Mr. M with all my heart. I am so grateful to be his wife and get to see him up close and personal day in and day out. I rejoice in the gift of him today!
 
 

10 comments:

  1. Happy Annuversary! Yes, enjoy your wine :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary!!!! How nice of your mom to sew pillows for you. Pictures please :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary!! I hope you enjoy celebrating! A beautiful thought you have here: "Jesus isn't done teaching us what we need to learn in this valley of tears." On Sunday, we discussed the passage in Isaiah about "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," and I was reminded again of how even though I don't understand God's reasons for allowing infertility for some and not others, He has a reason and it is going to make all things beautiful "in HIS time." The pastor who made the comment that there are times when we just shouldn't try to parse out God's ways is one who has been through infertility. (Actually 2 of our 3 pastors have been through it!) I like your decision to rejoice today, and by all means, have several glasses of wine!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. happy anniversary! i hear you're coming out this way soon? ;) hope you enjoy your visit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary! Boo for AF! But the dinner and wine sounds nice. We have a May anniversary as well. I always thought it was a great month to get married in. But maybe I am biased... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary! I am sorry about CD1. Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy anniversary! And yes, enjoy that wine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. When I initially commentеd Ӏ clicκed the "Notify me when new comments are added" chеcκbox anԁ
    nοw еach tіme a commеnt is addеd Ι get
    several e-maіls with thе same comment. Is
    theге anу wаy you can remоve
    рeoρle frοm that sеrvice? Сheers!


    Here is mу blog: herbal highs spice

    ReplyDelete